To do this:
- In your Main Menu, head to the Contacts tab and select ‘+ New Contact’.
- Select your Contact Type – A customer will be a contact who has bought with you before. A Lead will be someone who is interested in a quote. And a Prospect will be someone who is interested in your products but isn’t ready for quoting.
- Select whether they are a Retail or Trade contact. Enter their Salutation, First Name and Last Name. The Last Name is a compulsory field. You do not need to enter a Company Name unless needed.
- Enter any Contact Numbers associated with the contact. You can enter up to 3.
- Enter any email addresses associated with that Contact. You can label these if you have more than one.
- Select your Contact’s Marketing Preferences. It’s a good idea to get into the habit of asking for these as it will help later on when it comes to your Marketing.
- Select whether you’d like to Send a Customer Review. This is a gentle reminder and doesn’t have to be filled in if not needed.
- Enter the Contact’s postcode and select their address. If you can’t find it, you can always enter this in manually.
- If you have customers based outside the UK, you may want to enter a Country.
- Enter the Accounts Reference if this is an existing customer. If they’re new, you won’t know this until you export into your Accounts package.
- Enter a Permanent Note if needed – This is a note that will permanently stay on the Contact’s file.
- You can also set a Task for yourself or another user if necessary. You may need someone to follow up with the Contact so enter this in here.
- If you would like to progress the Contact straight to a Lead, select ‘Save & Add Lead’. If not, select ‘Save’ and this will save the Contact’s details within the system.
Thank you for watching our how-to video on How To Add a Contact, for more information and access to our free trial please visit our website https://businesspilot.co.uk