To Do This:
- Within your Contract, head to the Invoices tab. Select ‘+ Add Invoice’ and select ‘Credit’ as your Invoice Type.
- Select an ‘Invoice to Credit’ in the dropdown (please note if you leave this blank it will credit the account rather than a specific invoice).
- Select a Raised Invoice Date.
- Select whether you’d like to create the invoice from a % of the job value or a manual amount. If it’s a credit it will most likely be a manual amount.
- Select ‘Create’ once complete.
- You will notice that the Credit created is now beneath the Invoice you selected. You can edit, download or email the Credit as you would any other Invoice.
- To raise a credit against an account, repeat the previous process but leave the ‘Invoice to Credit’ as ‘Select’.
- Again, repeat the steps as you would normally. You will most likely use the manual amounts rather than the percentage.
- If you head to Templates and select your Statement, you will see your credits listed both against an invoice and the account as a whole. This statement will show the account balance overall.
- Using the new Placeholder ‘ContractOutstandingStatement’ you can also download a new Statement that shows unpaid/underpaid invoices rather than the full account.
Thank you for watching our how-to video on How To Raise a Credit Against an Invoice or an Account, for more information and access to our free trial please visit our website https://businesspilot.co.uk