To do this:
- In your Main Menu, head to Admin and select ‘Manage Users’.
- Click the ‘i’ and this will load a detailed PDF on what roles and licences can do specific things around the system.
- A Super Admin role allows a user to do and see everything within the system.
- Whereas a user with a Sales role would not be able to add a Purchase Order without having the Purchasing or Purchase Order Admin role assigned to them.
- To change or add a role, select the ‘Edit’ button on the user you’d like to change.
- Let’s look at an example, B Brown. He already has Super Admin assigned to him but we will also add Finance as a new role to his user. (Remember to click Save). If we log-in to B Brown’s account and head to a contract.
- Select the Invoice tab, click the pencil edit button on an invoice and scroll down. You’ll see B Brown is able to delete the invoice.
- B Brown is also able to access the Finance tab as the Finance role has been added to his user.
- If you head back to the Manage Users area and click ‘Edit’ on B Brown’s user. Remove the Finance and Super Admin role and click ‘Save’.
- If we head back to the same contract in B Brown’s account and select the Invoice tab and an invoice. Scroll down and you’ll see B Brown is no longer able to delete the invoice.
- You’ll also notice the Finance tab is no longer visible. This is due to the Finance role being removed.
Thank you for watching our how-to video on How To Understand User Roles & Permissions, for more information and access to our free trial please visit our website https://businesspilot.co.uk