To do this:
- Open Microsoft word and create a 1 x 2 table in your header. Maximise the table to the size you require.
- Insert your logo in the left-hand column of the table. Use the insert tab, select ‘Picture’ and ‘This Device’ to select your chosen image. Re-size the image if needed.
- In the right-hand column enter the main title of the document.
- If you require a placeholder beside the title, go to the insert tab. Select ‘Quickparts’, ‘Field’ and then scroll down to ‘MergeField’.
- In the ‘Field Name’, enter the placeholder name and select ‘Ok’.
- Make any necessary changes to the text, i.e. the size, font or alignment.
- Enter a sub-heading (if needed) below your heading. And repeat the process of inserting a placeholder- make sure there is a space between the heading and the placeholder. A list of Business Pilot’s placeholders can be found by clicking the ‘I’ in the ‘Admin’, ‘Manage Document Templates’ page.
- Again, make any necessary changes to the text, i.e. the size, font or alignment.
- Again, repeat the process of inserting a placeholder beside the relevant sub-heading.
- We advise creating tables for your placeholders depending on the format you require. This enables the text to flow smoothly and professionally. Top tip: Rather than scrolling down to find the ‘MergeField’ option, type’ MM’ and this will take you straight to it.
- Finish inserting the relevant placeholders.
- Once you’ve finished inserting those placeholders, remove the boarders from the tables you’ve created. And save the document.
- In Business Pilot, go to your ‘Main Menu’ and under ‘Admin’, select ‘Manage Document Templates. Select ‘Add’.
- Select the Template Type, enter a Name and select the Template File. And select ‘Add’.
- Please note you cannot add more then one document under Template Type ‘Invoice’. More then one document can be added to all other Template Types.
- A list of Business Pilot’s placeholders can be found by clicking the ‘i’ as well as more instructions on how to add placeholders.
Thank you for watching our how-to video on How to Create a Document Template and Add It To Business Pilot, for more information and access to our free trial please visit our website https://businesspilot.co.uk